RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP BY DECEMBER 31ST 2022 TO CONTINUE:
- KEEPING YOUR ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING;
- MAINTAINING YOUR YEARS OF CONTINUOUS SERVICE;
- SUPPORTING THE BRANCH AND ITS PROGRAMS;
- PROMOTING REMEMBRANCE;
- ENJOYING MEMBER SPORTS & ACTIVITIES;
- ENSURING DELIVERY OF THE LEGION MAGAZINE;
- RECEIVING EXCLUSIVE MEMBER BENEFITS THROUGH THE MEMBERPERKS PROGRAM SUPPORTED BY NATIONAL, LOCAL RETAILERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS.
TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP, VISIT OUR BRANCH BEFORE DECEMBER 31ST, USE AN EMAIL MONEY TRANSFER FOR DUES IN THE AMOUNT OF $50.00 TO INFO@LEGION161.CA, OR ONLINE AT PORTAL.LEGION.CA.
ENCOUAGE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER TO JOIN. EVERY MEMBER MAKES A DIFFERENCE. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A VETERAN TO BECOME A MEMBER ANYONE CAN JOIN THE LEGION!
Branch Contact Information: Iris Ouellette, Membership Chair- 6644 Highway No 7, Gaetz Brook, NS B0J 2L0. Telephone: 902-827-3008 E-mail: email@example.com
Branch Elections - The leadership of your Branch will be elected at the upcoming General Meeting on Tuesday, December 13th at 7 p.m. A list of members who are willing to serve on the Branch Executive Committee for the year 2023 will be presented at that time as well as nominations from the floor.
As a member of the Branch Executive, you will have an opportunity to bring forth new ideas and solutions that will help shape the direction of the Branch to ensure its success!
The following positions shall be for a term of 1 year commencing January 1st:
- Senior Officers consisting of President, Immediate Past President, 3 Vice Presidents, Secretary and Treasurer or Secretary-Treasurer; and
- Branch Service Officer, Chaplain, Sergeant-at-Arms, and 6 additional Executive Committee members.
The following mandatory Standing Committee Chairman shall be appointed from the new executive committee: Leadership Development, Membership, Poppy/Veterans Services, Public Relations, and Sports.
Additional Branch Committees may include Ways and Means, Bar and Hall Rentals, House, Entertainment, Bingo, By-laws, Finance, and other committees as may be deemed necessary.
If you are willing to let your name stand for office, or if you would like further information on the elected positions or other volunteer opportunities in the branch, please let us know by leaving your name and telephone number with the Branch (902-827-3008) and a member of the nominating committee will contact you.