The Branch has been open just 3 weeks and thanks to the hard work of the Executive and staff, almost every activity offered by the Branch, before COVID-19, is available – albeit with the social distancing twist.
Members and guests can now play pool, darts and the VLTs. Trivia is every second Friday evening with the next game this Friday. Bingo opened on Saturday with 54 players.
This week, we restart our weekly Loonie draw with $174.00 in the jackpot. For those who have forgotten how this lottery is played or who are new to the Branch:
• Every member’s name is in the draw bin but to win the jackpot, you must pay the weekly entry fee and sign the Loonie book
• The weekly $1.00 entry fee can be paid at the bar at any time that the branch is open and must be paid in person
• The draw runs from 6 pm on Saturday to 6 pm the following Saturday at which time, one name is drawn from the bin
• If the name drawn has signed the Loonie book, then he or she receives the jackpot.
• If the member is not signed in, then their name is put back in the bin and the jackpot accumulates for another week as members pay their $1.00.
On Sunday, July 12th, we are recognizing comrades and members of the community for long Legion service and support to veterans and the branch. If you and your guests intend to attend, then please advise the bar staff so that we do not exceed the hall’s capacity.
Anytime that you visit the Branch, check out the Memorial Garden to see what is blooming. The yellow rose bush dedicated to those who served in Afghanistan is our feature plant at the moment.
Our responsibility is to provide you with a safe environment, where you can meet with friends and enjoy an outing from home. This is achieved by observing the conditions ordered by the Public Health Office to reduce the risk of transmitting Covid-19.
You can help in providing this safe environment by following the recommended practices
- don’t use the branch if you have, or have had, a fever or flu like symptoms
- wash your hands with soap and hot water when possible and use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering the branch and any time you contact common surfaces
- maintain at least 6 feet between other people
- remain seated while using the branch and allow us to serve you at your table
- don’t share a table with anyone who is not in your daily social (bubble) group
Click the link for details on Community and Legion events or Zone 15 Sports events for 2020.