To minimize the risk of a second Covid-19 outbreak, Public Health has directed that everyone must wear a mask while in a public place unless physically consuming food or beverage. This includes while waiting to be served or for food and beverage to be delivered, while moving to the washroom and when taking part in recreational activities such as darts, pool and using the VLTs.
Regular hours have returned, Monday to Saturday 1 to 11 pm and Sundays 1-6 pm and Dart leagues are playing every week.
Every activity offered by the Branch, before COVID-19, is available – albeit with the social distancing twist. Members and guests can:
• play pool, darts and the VLTs.
• take part in Trivia or Karaoke on alternating Friday evenings. This Friday September 25th is Karaoke with music by JimmiM.
• play Bingo on Saturdays. the doors open at 5:00 pm and we limit attendance to not more than 80 players, depending upon social groupings - so come early for a seat. Facial masks must be worn.
• enter the weekly Loonie draw for a chance to win the growing jackpot
Anytime that you visit the Branch, please walk in the Memorial Garden to see what is blooming. The white Hydranga for Peace 1945, the end of World War II; is our feature plant at the moment. Watch for the leaves to turn colour and see the Crimsom Maple, dedicated to the end of World War I, light the Memorial Garden.
Our responsibility is to provide you with a safe environment, where you can meet with friends and enjoy an outing from home. This is achieved by observing the conditions ordered by the Public Health Office to reduce the risk of transmitting Covid-19.
You can help in providing this safe environment by following the recommended practices
- don’t use the branch if you have, or have had, a fever or flu like symptoms
- wash your hands with soap and hot water when possible and use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering the branch and any time you contact common surfaces
- wear your mask unless consuming food or a beverage
- maintain at least 6 feet between other people
- remain seated while using the branch and allow us to serve you at your table
- don’t share a table with anyone who is not in your daily social (bubble) group
Click the link for details on Community and Legion events or Zone 15 Sports events for 2020.